It is said that publishing is the bane of teachers in the tertiary level. Many teachers no doubt wait to see their works published in a University Journal or even a most prestigious scientific journal for those in the field of medical profession but what if you really believed that your paper is so worthy of publishing but not one single publisher would DARE to print it?
Well, Google play has the answer. They started rolling the Google Partner Program where can upload to sell or to give away their literary works for free for all the world to read. I was lucky to be able to upload the books through this. You must have a google account for this and publishing is easy as 1-2-3.
1. Click on the book catalogue
2. Add book, if you have the ISBN enter it otherwise leave it blank
3. Enter the details, then press save. Remember that after entering the contents for each tabs you must SAVE (the tabs are General details, Google Play settings, google book settings and content)
4. Your books or research paper should be either in PDF or EPUB formats.
5. Processing may take days or hours for your book to be LIVE on google play.
Easy as it sounds yet what is difficult is to market a book specially if its for free. They say publish or perish but the teacher in me would tell the students READ OR DIE (I highly recommended you watch the anime of the same title); but in the publishing world it takes more than uniqueness and quirkiness to survive this endeavor.